Lake Elmo Bank, an independent community bank in the east metro Twin Cities area, voted "Best Bank" by the Stillwater Gazette Readers’ Choice Awards, has an immediate openings in several areas - please see below.
If you do not see an open position below that you are interested in, but would like to be considered for future open positions with Lake Elmo Bank, please click here to submit your application and resume. We are always looking for good talent to join the Lake Elmo Bank family!
Regular Part-time Tellers
15-25 hours per week
Positions available in Stillwater, Lake Elmo and Oakdale
We are looking for candidates who are friendly, professional, dependable, courteous and outgoing with excellent customer service skills. Previous banking experience not required. Paid training will be provided.
Benefits Include: 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan and Paid Time Off. (Based on eligibility)
Hours: 15-25 hours per week. Candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule Monday-Friday between 7:45 a.m. and 5:15 p.m. and Saturdays 8:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. The ideal candidate will be able to work the position year-round (this is not a seasonal position).
Saturdays: All tellers must be able to work Saturdays from 8:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (NOTE: In general, most tellers will not be scheduled to work every Saturday, but you need to be available)
- 0-1 years of customer service and cash handling experience.
- Extremely approachable and friendly.
- Professional appearance, attitude and demeanor.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and phone skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- While performing the job, the employee must be able to stand up to 80% of the time.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Processing assigned customer transactions in a timely, accurate manner, consistently following established procedures, and helping to maintain a positive, favorable image of the Bank as a responsible business operation.
- Provide internal and external customers personal service by striving to meet their needs in a timely and friendly manner.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment by working cooperatively and effectively as a member of the Lake Elmo Bank team.
11465 39th Street North, Lake Elmo MN 55042 or e-mail
Hours: 8am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Location: Lake Elmo
Reports to: Operations & Digital Banking Managers
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Provide exceptional customer service and support of our Digital Banking and Operation products and services. Must have an aptitude for technology and technical troubleshooting abilities; must learn/understand the technical aspects of digital banking services; required to provide professional, prompt, and accurate service. This position has a great variety of work for an individual who can work as a team player with a positive attitude, ability to multi-task and is comfortable in a changing environment.
- Balances various general ledger and bank control accounts
- Balance correspondent bank accounts
- Process foreign check items
- Process of Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) Items
- Wire Transfers
- Process Lockbox
- Document Scanning
- Cognos Report Writing
- Assist with preparing quarterly FFIEC Call Report
- Support customers with digital banking products. Includes online banking products and debit cards.
- Audit of cross application data entries from all area’s as well as review of security reports for unauthorized access to Jack Henry 20/20 systems
- Assist with BSA/AML
- Printing Instant Issuance Cards for back up purposes
- Process ACH Origination for back up purposes
- Support the Digital Banking and Operations Manager in other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Previous banking experienced required.
- Associates or Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from a College or university preferred; or 2-4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bookkeeping/Accounting experience preferred.
- AAP preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of regulatory and accounting principles.
- The ability to read rules and regulations and interpret them is critical for the audit function of the job.
- Ability to multitask and meet established deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism while working under pressure.
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages including Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor when working with employees as well as customers.
- Possess analytical problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Support the community by active participation in worthwhile community projects.
If you are a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or reasonable accommodation to apply for an open position, please contact the
Human Resources Department at Lake Elmo Bank,
11465 39th Street North, Lake Elmo MN 55042 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Type: Lake Elmo Office, Full-Time
Hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday; Rotating Saturdays 8:45 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Benefits Include: Medical, Dental, Vision; Bank paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Float time, vacation and sick time; 401(k); Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
- High school diploma or GED.
- One year of banking and customer service experience or training.
Primary Objective of the Position:
The vast majority of Bank customers hold deposit and loan accounts. Deposits represent our primary source of funds. We continually face strong competition for deposit and loan accounts both from other banks and from nonbank investment firms. In order to retain and grow our customer base, we strive to provide personal service second to none.
The Customer Service Representative is an essential link in outstanding service to customers. This individual works with Bank customers, primarily by telephone, to respond to inquiries, execute transactions, and resolve problems.
- Handles customer inquiries and executes requested transactions effectively and efficiently, while consistently portraying an image of friendliness, courtesy, and professionalism.
- Fully understands and consistently follows applicable policies and procedures in executing transactions and responding to inquiries; involves co-workers when appropriate.
- Fully understands all traditional and electronic Bank products, effectively explains products to customers, problem solves with all products and makes appropriate referrals to co-works when necessary.
- Works effectively with customers who dispute Bank policies, to maintain goodwill, while also adhering to policies and ensuring profitable relationships.
- Works with customers seeking to close accounts or change account type; where possible, works to retain the customer; where necessary, handles closing of the account.
- As a member of the Retail Banking Group, actively identifies customer needs and preferences and communicates observations to group.
11465 39th Street North, Lake Elmo MN 55042 or e-mail