Q. What is LEB Mobile Deposit?
Our Mobile Deposit solution is app-based that lets qualified customers deposit checks through LEB’s app from your iPhone, Android, Tablet or iPad.
Q. Who is eligible to use LEB Mobile Deposit?
The minimum requirements for LEB Mobile Deposit:
- Must have a personal or small business checking account.
- Account has to be opened for 3 months or longer.
- Account has to be in good standing.
- An active Online Banking customer with Mobile Banking enabled.
Q. How do I request LEB Mobile Deposit?
Everyone has to apply and qualify for Mobile Deposit. An application is available at any of our bank locations or by clicking here.
Q. After I apply how will I know when I can start using Mobile Deposit?
Once approved you will receive an email stating you have been approved and the details for your limits.
Q. Is there a fee charged with this product?
Lake Elmo Bank does not charge a fee for this service.
You may be charged for web access by your mobile carrier. You are responsible for checking with your carrier for details on specific fees and charges that may apply.
Q. What type of checks can I deposit?
- Personal and business checks payable to you.
- Checks drawn from a United States financial institution.
Q. What type of checks can I NOT deposit?
- Checks payable to any person or entity other than you.
- Foreign checks.
- Money Orders.
- Travelers checks.
- Insurance drafts.
- Federal Government checks.
Q. Do I need to complete a deposit ticket for each Mobile Deposit?
No, the system conveniently creates a deposit ticket for you.
Q. What is the endorsement requirements of Mobile Deposits?
To avoid your deposit item from being voided you must endorse the back of the check as follows:
For Mobile Deposit Only
Write the Current Date
Q. Are there limits for deposits made through Mobile Deposit?
Mobile Deposit limits:
- Retail customers are allowed 20 mobile deposits per month, 2 deposits per day, $1,000 total deposit per day and $3,000 total deposits per month.
- Small Business customers are allowed 30 mobile deposits per month, 5 deposits items per day, $5,000 total deposit per day and $15,000 total deposit items per month.
- Your limits are available to view when you select the information icon next to the check amount field.
Q. Can I deposit multiple checks in one deposit?
No, each check item will be a separate deposit.
Q. What do I with the check item after I deposit through Mobile Deposit?
We recommend you securely store the original check for thirty (30) days and then securely shred the check item.
Q. How secure is making a deposit on my mobile device?
- We have several of the same security features in place with our mobile app that you have when you login to a PC. 128-bit encryption to transmit the image and data.
- Automatic lock out if your password is entered incorrectly more than 3 times.
- Personal Image.
- Deposit confirmation email message once we receive your deposit.
- Mobile Deposit images are not stored on your phone these images are only available thorugh the app for 5 days.
Q. What accounts can be used for this service?
You may deposit into a checking or savings account listed through your Online Banking set-up.
Best Practices when making a Mobile Deposit
- Always properly endorse your check – For Mobile Deposit Online, Date and Signature
- Smooth out the best you can if a check is folded or wrinkled.
- Close other apps running in the background.
- Best to place your check items on a solid background with good lighting.
- Keep your mobile device flat and steady above the check when taking the photo of the front and back.
- Make sure within your mobile device settings you have enabled the camera to be used with the app.
- Verify that the check amount is entered correctly on the screen before depositing.
- Securely store your deposit item in an envelope or folder and shred them each month.
- When using your mobile device to login to our mobile app always use your data plan and not open your device up to a public or otherwise unsecured Wi-Fi Network.
Have additional questions about Mobile Deposit? Contact the e-banking group at email@example.com